Navigation

Saturday, February 5, 2011

*s n o w e d - i n*

So this week on Monday (1/31), it started to lightly, sprinkle rain and then it ended up snowing.  So we had like 1/2 inch of ice, and (on the farm) we had about 5" of snow.  Yeah I know, to those of live up north or on the east coast.. it sounds real little, lol.  Although the amount is very little, it can do a lot of damage.  Especially if you live on a farm like me, and drive 40 minutes to get to the city.  When I drove back to Fayetteville, I had to drive like 35 mph the whole way until I hit like Farmington.

(Side story) : Some of those semi-truck drivers are really heartless! I mean, yes I understand that sometimes you must hate your job and just want to get your things delivered.  But man! There was lots of unplowed snow on the ground, and I was going like.. 45 mph (the speed limit) on Thursday.  My windshield wipers were trying their best to remove all the nasty dirt particles off my of window, and then suddenly... "SPLAT!" this DUMB semi-truck is driving on the right lane going like 55 mph!  It splashed all the wet snow onto my window and I couldn't see anything! I mean like literally, nothing!  I had to press on my breaks, not knowing whether there was a car behind me or not because it all happened so fast. Good thing there wasn't. My wimpy, little windshield wipers slowly wiped it off.  I felt stupid because my heart was pounding because I thought another car was going to crash into me lol.

Anywhoo, it's been a real, great relaxing week for me!  4 days out of school (which kind of sucks because we'll just have to catch up quicker now).  But I think this week got all the laziness that could be in me, out of me! [whew!]

Well here are some pictures from this week (notice that I have two brothers at home who do not want to take pictures with me! lol... so it's just me and Koco and the snow.)


This is the fortune cookie I got before the snowstorm hit.  I asked "Will I be doing the right things for myself in the future?"  


Great.  What to do .. what to do?


Snow is here and we're prepared!!



The snow angel that I made :)


       I thought that this was pretty.  ------>  A glance at my farm with the snow.                        




Hello to a late visit from Winter!! ------> Koco doesn't really like Winter..

 

** Sleeping off the 4 days of snow :)  (he's wearing the V-day shirt I got for him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment